For those of you that are exploring 75Hard...
For 75 days, you must:
NO EXCEPTIONS. ZERO EXCUSES.
• It’s all about mental toughness.
• Reading is non-fiction and not audiobooks.
• Once you start a book, you must finish it.
Drinking one gallon of water per day is the hardest part.
• Dieting is hard for me too.
• No alcohol was surprisingly easy (for me).
You pick your diet and stick with it.
• There are lots of options out there.
• I’ll probably do AIP Paleo (again) with 16-hour intermittent (nightly) fasting
Here are my 75Hard success tips:
1. Win the morning
2. Drink early and often
(to avoid chugging 3/4 gallons at night (self-waterboarding!)
3. Don’t overdo the exercising: start slow
(walk, bike, yoga, water aerobics, stretch, etc.)
8. When you’re tempted to cheat/fail, ask yourself:
• “Will my future self be glad that I did this?”
• “Will my future self thank me for doing this?”
9. Don’t let forgetting/skipping a simple daily progress photo cost you the challenge
Win the morning
1. Plan your exercise and meals the night before
2. Sleep in your exercise clothes
3. Keep 1 quart of water bedside and drink it immediately in the morning
4. Read your 10 daily pages in bed
5. Get up and immediately take your progress pic
6. Knock out your first 45-minute exercise
7. Drink your second quart
(DO THIS, AND YOU’RE HALFWAY DONE WITH YOUR DAILY TASKS WITHIN THE FIRST 60 MINUTES OF YOUR DAY.)
I labeled a reusable one-gallon jug by the time of day, and then I refilled a reusable/portable quart to drink four quarts per day:
I don’t want to do this again, which is why I need to! “Somewhere around 90% of the time, when people don’t feel like doing something, they need to do it!”
Hard choices, easy life
“The hard choices — what we most fear doing, asking, saying — these are very often exactly what we most need to do. And the biggest challenges and problems we face will never be solved with comfortable conversations, whether it's in your own head or with other people,” says Tim Ferriss